Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Northwest Derby

In an hour and a half, I board the bus to PGE Park to see the Boys take on Disney FC from our neighbors to the North.

I have looked forward to this game for a long time. The fact that we only get to play Seattle once a season (assuming US Open Cup qualification) makes this game even more important.

It's close to a sellout attendance-wise.

I really, really want this win.

I may be a bit different than other Timbers fans. I want to beat Seattle more than any other team in North America- hell, the world. Nothing is so satisfying.

But when Seattle plays anyone in MLS, I have a Pacific Northwest pride that hopes Seattle comes out on top. It helps not being in the same division as the Flounders. But I want people in the rest of the country to know that the Pacific Northwest is the place to be for soccer. (And beer.)

So I will cheer and sing tonight from the top of my lungs, and after beating them, I'll wish them well with the MLS season.

1 hour, 20 minutes and counting...

No comments: